Standard Requirements for a New Adult Passport
- Complete Application: Complete, download & print the DS-11 application form for a New Adult Passport from the government website.
- DO NOT sign the application form until a Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so. This form will go inside the envelope from the Acceptance Agent.
- This form must be completed online through the US State Department website. Any forms completed by hand will be rejected by the US State Department and will cause a delay in processing.
- We will need a second copy of the application form attached to our Letter of Authorization form. This second copy cannot be given to the passport acceptance office, but must be submitted with your sealed envelope you receive from the acceptance office.
Fill Out Application Here
- Complete 2 copies of our LOA (Letter of Authorization): The Letter of Authorization simply enables us to act in the capacity necessary to resolve and answer any problems that may arise, to submit your New Adult Passport application and to pick up your passport (and any related documents) when it has been issued by the Passport Agency.
- NOTE: Be sure to include an additional copy of your LOA in your packet.
Letter of Authorization
- Photograph: two recent, clear, front view, in color, professional 2″x2″ passport photo of the applicant with a plain white or off-white background.
- In color
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template below for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Itinerary: copy of your round-trip ticket, reservation, or letter from a travel agency under applicant’s name, listing flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline/cruise company;
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship:Original certified copy if U.S. Birth Certificate (must contain Both Parents names, Hospital Name, and has the registrar’s raised, embossed, or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office; and dated within 1 year of your birth.) Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
- A previous valid U.S. Passport
- Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS – 240)
- Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS – 1350)
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization from the USCIS
- Primary Identification: Please provide one of the following documents.
- A previously issued & undamaged U.S. passport
- A Valid Driver’s License
- A Naturalization Certificate
- A Current Government ID (sit, state or federal).
- A Current Military ID (for military applicants and dependents)
- Payment to Government: You will need a check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for $170.00, as well as a $25 CASH execution fee to the Acceptance Agent. These are government fees. Your Payment to Fast Passports & Visas is for the expediting of your passport processing, But the Federal Government still requires their standard fees for a New Adult Passport.
- NOTE: Please indicate your Date of Birth in the memo field of your check.
- If your check is not dated or filled out properly the application will be rejected and have to be resubmitted causing a delay in your processing time.
- Acceptance Agent: Once all documents have been gathered you will need to have them sealed by an Acceptance Agent.
- Be sure to find the closest location that does not require appointment.
Find Nearest Acceptance Agent
- Complete 2GetVisa Order Form: and include with your documents
Complete Order Form
- Ship Documents to 2GetVisa: Send all documents via express overnight shipping to Attn: 2GetVisa – 4621 Montrose Blvd. Suite #B230, Houston, TX 77006